PLANT FELLOWS Third Annual Meeting
28/09/2015 – 01/10/2015
3rd Annual Meeting, Boldern Hotel, Männedorf (ZH)
Download the provisional program
During the 3rd Annual Meeting PLANT FELLOWS will repeat the courses
Leadership Skills for Postdocs (course 1) and
Advanced Funding Strategies (course 2b).
More over PLANT FELLOWS will offer the following three courses:
Advanced Publication Strategies (course 2a)
This course provides a platform for sharing experiences, for challenging guidelines and recommendations, and for developing individual strategies. It comprises the following questions:
- - Where and when should we publish for success in academia?
- - Why is so difficult to reach the target?
- - What do journal editors want?
- - How can we hook editors?
- - How can we get involved in our scientific communities?
- - What do I plan to do? When do I plan to do it?
Professional Conduct in Research (course 3)
During this course the fellows will gain the following competencies:
- Be able to make own ethical judgments about work and advises less experienced researchers and students; Challenge potential or actual unethical behavior of others;
- Understanding of data ownership and data protection / Understand the value of open access of research outputs to researchers and the wider society; Manage the deposit of research outputs, open and wider access, and the Creative Commons license.
The course is composed of two parts:
1. part: Practical Advice for post-doctoral fellows on data management
2. part: Embedding ethical appraisal in your research
ERC Grant Application training (course 2b)
The training will provide in-depth information on the two ERC grant types targeted at researchers 2-12 years after completion of their PhD (Starting Grant and Consolidator Grant). Participants will learn how the application is structured and what it takes to write a competitive proposal
Further information about the course content and the lecturer will be published soon in the Third Annual Meeting programme.